i appreaciate your time

DR. McGowen i asked a question a while back and you answered it for me thank you. I do have another question if i may :I had protected sex with a girl who has had several partners before me the condom did not break but when i was taking the condom off some of her vaginal fluid landed on my penis shaft and head i panicked and immeadiately poured alcohol on my penis in your opinion am i at risk for hiv from this type of encounter? thanks in advance for your time to answer my question.

Response from Dr. McGowan

This does not appear to be a significant exposure. Was there any blood mixed in the fluid? That might increase any risk. Also, do you have any sores/ulcers on your penis? Did it burn when alcohol was applied? Intact skin is a great protection against HIV. It is best to use soap and water rather than anything that may be caustic or cause inflammation.

Best, Joe

Question on meds.
hiv