HIV doctor in Bangkok, Thailand

Hi Dr. Young,

I'm writing not with a question, but in response to a question asked by one of your readers. The reader asked about a couple of HIV docs in Thailand, one of whom was Dr. Nick Walters of Mission Hospital (a.k.a. Bangkok Adventist Hospital). The other doctor was Philippe Seur.

I know Dr. Nick Walters (or Dr. Nick as he is known locally) on a personal basis. He was my wife's doctor for about two years before she immigrated to the U.S. I can't say enough nice things about this man. He was a kind, sympathetic, and very a very competent ID doctor, and always made time for us (managed to calm me down during some of my more anxious moments when we were first dealing with the diagnosis). I recommend him very, very highly.

Dr. Seur is also well-known locally and enjoys a very good reputation, but I don't know him personally. I can say that if your reader is in Bangkok, and Dr. Seur is in Pattaya, there may be an advantage to seeing Dr. Nick because his would be local to your reader.

You may also want to consider prices. The fee for Dr. Nick was probably almost always less than $10.00 USD, in the local currency equivalent. Mission Hospital basically operates on a not-for-profit basis. Dr. Seur I don't know about personally.

I hope this helps. I'd be happy to answer any more questions if your reader has any.

Thanks for the follow up on the doctors in Bangkok.

Be well, BY

pvl 103 par2
PEP TREATMENT - Aspen Lamzid whilst on Nexium