|Drive myself insane & worried!
Aug 20, 2010
Hello Dr. Joseph,
Basically I was at a walk-in clinic for a blood test. I have then used the washroom and before leaving I have decided (stupid of me) to remove the taped cotton covering my vein. I remeber using my hand to remove the tiny drops of blood left over. I am pretty sure I washed my hands before I did that, but I can't remember if I did it before or after. So I am worried that by touching surfaces could have transferred HIV, or HCV etc. into my blood. Should I be concerned??
| Response from Dr. McGowan
No I would not worry. Nothing was injected into you. HIV doesn't hang around on surfaces for long. I would not consider this an exposure of any risk at all.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Balls After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Touching Skin Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.