|Drive myself insane & worried!
Aug 20, 2010
Hello Dr. Joseph,
Basically I was at a walk-in clinic for a blood test. I have then used the washroom and before leaving I have decided (stupid of me) to remove the taped cotton covering my vein. I remeber using my hand to remove the tiny drops of blood left over. I am pretty sure I washed my hands before I did that, but I can't remember if I did it before or after. So I am worried that by touching surfaces could have transferred HIV, or HCV etc. into my blood. Should I be concerned??
| Response from Dr. McGowan
No I would not worry. Nothing was injected into you. HIV doesn't hang around on surfaces for long. I would not consider this an exposure of any risk at all.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Mouth After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Touching Period Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Licking Rectum Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.