Possible undiagnosed thrush and Amoxicillin
Aug 20, 2010
If problem is thrush should Amoxicillin be used?
Response from Dr. Young
Thrush is a yeast infection of the mouth and tongue; amoxicillin is an antibiotic (kills bacteria) with no activity against yeast. Therefore, amoxicillin will have no benfit if you have thrush.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Penis After Touching Sperm Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- After Gonorrhea Treatment If Masturbated Does The Medicine Still Work
- Can Chlorine Cause A Vaginal Discharge?
- Can You Use Triple Antibiotic Ointment On Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.