Can we live up to 30years?

Dear Doc am a man of 26yrs and was diagnose about 4months ago that am hiv+ and with in two weeks i was put on meds cos my cd4 counts was 192 and something called TLC was 2115 i started taking efavirezn and zidovudine +lamivudine, Doc as am 26yrs with no wife and children can i live for about 30 years+ or over? since you have had many patients also can we hope for new powerful drugs to come in the next 10 years? and can i get married and have children? am in Africa Ghana and i know you know a lot about Sub Saharan Africa with HIV. Am very scared and worried doc help me.Thank you

Response from Dr. McGowan

I am glad that you were able to be started quickly on a very good treatment for HIV. Your chances of living 30 years or more are very very good. As long as you take your meds every day and always keep your HIV suppressed than you will allow your body to heal. Improvements in treatment access in Africa are moving forward..your combinaton is an excellent one that has worked very well here for many years.

Best, Joe

Truvada full benefit after 15 days
PLV 103