|Why was I given a 6 month dosage for PEP?
Aug 17, 2010
I recently was prescribed a 6 month dosage of altripa vs the normal 28 day dose as a PEP. Should I seek a second opinion, as I just had my first dose and side effects are strong I could not imagine being on this for 6 months.
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
Your PEP prescriber is wrong. PEP regimens should be taken for 28 days (or 1 month) and no longer.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Red Spots After Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Open Wound Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Oral Sex On A Woman Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Cause Of Vaginal Strep Infection
- Causes Of Clear Vaginal Discharge
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.