|Sex during PEP treatment
Aug 14, 2010
I am currently on PEP treatment after I had unprotected sex on two consecutve days and end up realizing she was HIV positive when I sugguested we go for a test. I took my 1st AZT on the 68th hours. I would like to know if is it advisable to have protected sex during the time I am taking my PEP treatments.
| Response from Dr. Young
You are taking a medication to prevent primary HIV infection because you might have been exposed and you're asking if it's ok to have unprotected sex?
The answer is yes, it's advisable to have protected sex; whether or not your taking a PEP regimen.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hiv Survival In Blood Once Exposed To Air
- How Soon After Infection Do Women Experience Recurrent Yeast Infections?
- Is There A Record Of People Infected Through Breast Sucking?
- Non Detectable Hiv Am I Still At Risk
- Risk Of Unprotected Sex Between Hiv Positive Persons
- The Vaginal Fluid Got In Touch With The Penis Head
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.