SUSTIVA ON EMPTY STOMACH

I'm suppose to take sustiva on an empty stomach and typically I eat dinner anywhere between 730 and 8 and go to bed about 10 since I have to be up at 5am during the week...is it ok to take sustiva and truvada an hour before my meal that way I know my stomach is empty when I take it?

Hello and thanks for your post.

Your question is a common area of confusion. Food tends to increase efavirenz (Sustiva, part of Atripla) absorption; there's no decrease in effectiveness if taken after a meal, rather there's a small risk of having increased side effects.

If you're already taking your regimen without significant side effects, then there's no need to worry about when (or when you don't) eat.

I hope this helps, BY

problems with my wife
Waiting on my CD4s part 2