Treatment and Viral Load

Hello! What do you think about this combination: Selzentry, Intelence, Truvada, Presista & Norvir? That's the combo I take, for the last 7 mths. Also I've heard of undetectable level, 50 Copies, but what does it mean when the doctor tells you that your v/l is below 48 copies...I know it has to be good but what are the chances of transmission?

Look forward to your response.

Thank You!

Response from Dr. McGowan

Thanks for your post and congratulations on having an undetectable viral load!

I have used this combo for people who have virus that has some resistance to more simple treatments. It uses 4 classes of treatment to really squeeze a virus that might be tough to treat. Most are well tolerated.

Having a viral load less than 48 (as opposed to less than 50) means the same thing. It just means that a different assay was used to measure the level. Some tests have a lowest detectable cut off at 400, some at 50, some at 48 and some at 20 copies. Any way you slice it it is below detectable and that is what we want.

Best, Joe

atripla help please
kaletra truvada dose