Jul 31, 2010
Hello Dr. Young. I recently emailed you about being placed on Truvada after being splashed in the eye by a known HIV positive and Hep C positive patient. I understand that Truvada is two drugs. My ultimate question is should I request being placed on an additional category of drug or should Truvada have adequate coverage for PEP.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for the follow up.
Some would offer three drug therapies for any significant HIV exposure (even though the guidelines don't deal this point), since this is how we manage chronic HIV infection.
I hope this helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Are Shingles A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Is Oral Ulcers A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Flu Symptoms After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
- How Long Does Azithromycin Take To Cure Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.