truvada and isentress

Hello Dr's I started taking isentress and truvada my cd4 is almost 600 and vl is 165000 my Dr wanted me to start meds since my vl was high anyway since starting the meds i have been having a slight headache nausea stomach cramps (diarrhea started before i took meds)slight numbness in left arm and some minor chest pain i wanted to know if this is normal? i have been taking imodium for the diarrhea and aleve for the headaches/pain but they don't seem to help much can you please let me know what i can do thanks for your time Frank

Response from Dr. McGowan

Frank,

Thanks for your post. I am glad you have started meds and are fighting back against your HIV.

Many people get a little bloating and GI upset after starting truvada. It is usually mild and gets better as your body adjusts. Seems like the diarrhea had started earlier and may be related to HIv which can effect the lining of the intestines. Sometime taking Calcium tablets can help.

Numbness in the left arm and chest pain would not be typical symptoms. I would discuss these with your doctor...make sure you have no risks for heart disease which would be one of the first things I would rule out.

Hope that things go well for you.

Joe

anal warts
Time Chang and Changing Meds