Loss of Enjoyment

Hello Dr McGowan, I was raped by a seropositive person last october, I tested negative on may 21st which would have been past the 6 month mark. For whatever reasons I still feel infected, most of the reasons are non specific symptoms such as comedonial acne.

I have also been reading things in the rchives and saw the lady under non salvagable who said she was infected 25 years ago and didn't know until recently. I keep thinking that the guidelines are not consevative enough on the other hand I am afraid to keep testing.

What if any advice can you give me.

Bless You

Response from Dr. McGowan

I am so sorry to hear about this trauma in your life. It is very hard to shake the feelings and insecurity that such a terrible event can cause. You should be reassured that you have not been infected with HIV since you remain negative. The cases you refer to are people who have been with no symptoms for years but who did not get tested as you have. This is why we want all people to have an HIV test as part of routine medical care to identify people who may be infected and do not know it. In your case, rest assured that you are not infected. I wish you peace and continued recovery.

Joe

truvada an reyataz
blood testing / screening