hiv - kissing and biting

Dear Dr. McGowan, I would like to ask you if I should be terrified as I am since one week ago I was at a club, I was half-drunk and kissed this guy. He was violently kissing me and bit me inside my mouth just under the lip, making me bleeding. I immediately shrinked back and wash through my mouth with beer and water both of them I spitted out. Is there any serious risk of HIV infection? should I wait 3 months for an ELISA test or do u think a P24 antigen test in 2 more weeks may give me a quite sure response? I really thank you in advance for ur help, since I'm very scared. G.

Response from Dr. McGowan

Dear G,

No I do not think it is a big risk. Was their blood in his mouth before the "kiss"? Exposure to your blood is not the issue since you were bitten. I would just wait for the routine testing, no need for a P24 as long as you have no symptoms.

Best, Joe

Starting Atripla
HIV Testing - ELISA