Jul 28, 2010
I was recently splashed in the eye with fluids from a HIV and Hep C positive patient. The hospital put me on Truvada but I have read that 2 drug regimens are often recommended. It has now been 20 hours and I'm not sure if I should request a 2nd drug. Do you have any recommendations?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
Time to change Meds
Atripla or Truvada/Isentress?
- Pain In Penis Sign Of HIV Infection
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Can Flagyl Cause Thrush?
- What Age Group Is More Likely To Have Or Catch Genital Herpes?
- Can My Boyfriend Give Me Mono Through Oral Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.