Bone Support

I'm 39 and have had two ACF(Anterior Cervical Fusions ) in the last year. What supplements should I be on to support my bones for future?

Hello and thanks for your post.

Bone health is an area of increasing attention within the HIV community. While cervical disease that you describe is often the result of trauma or arthritis, I'd have to wonder if your disease could have been related to low BMD.

Low bone mineral density (BMD) has been estimated to be perhaps, the most common metabolic problem in the community. The best way to screen for this is with a DEXA (a specialized x ray machine)-- while not universally accepted as a clinic intervention, we now aim to screen all HIV+ patients at Rocky Mountain CARES. Also, since there are a variety of factors that could render bones thinner, we try to identify and improve as many as possible. We'll try to optimize vitamin D and calcium intake, optimize testosterone levels, assist with smoking cessation and exercise; identify patients who might be at risk for falling (either through poor strength, poor coordination or substance abuse).

I hope this helps. Be well, BY

drug interactions
Epzicom + Reyataz + Norvir every 24 hours