Jul 16, 2010
can an HIV/AIDS patient be resumed on the same ARV(truvada-alluvia) combination after a treatment holidy of about 1-2yrs?
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
So long as there weren't issues related to drug resistance or toxicity when the medications were stopped, it's reasonable to resume the same regimen (even after a year or two).
After any resumption of treatment, it's important to monitor for effectiveness (using viral load testing).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Mouth Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- HIV Risk After Sex With A Prostitute
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute
- Herpes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Getting Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.