Jul 16, 2010
can an HIV/AIDS patient be resumed on the same ARV(truvada-alluvia) combination after a treatment holidy of about 1-2yrs?
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
So long as there weren't issues related to drug resistance or toxicity when the medications were stopped, it's reasonable to resume the same regimen (even after a year or two).
After any resumption of treatment, it's important to monitor for effectiveness (using viral load testing).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get AIDS From Having Sex During Period?
- Chances Of Catching AIDS From Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation
- Do People Catch HIV From Drinking Water?
- How Likely Is It To Get AIDS From Vaginal Sex?
- How Likely Is It To Get HIV From Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Is It Possible To Get HIV From Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.