exposure

I work in a prison and one of our c/o's was cut with a razor blade-the inmate they found this on said it wasn't his and of course anyone could have used this blade. This officer was given 3 days worth of meds but was denied the rest secondary to the inmates hiv test was negative, however we don't know who's blade this really was so my question is: Shouldn't this officer take the meds for a full month?

Hello and thanks for your post.

For any post-exposure regimen, the standard duration of therapy is 30 days. If there is sufficient uncertainty around the source and the exposure was significant, I'd recommend completing the full course.

BY

enlarged lymph nodes
STI