Jul 12, 2010
Hie I have been on Truavada and Efivaranz for the past six years. I moved to Malawi from UK and the clinicians prescribed me Efivaranz, Tenofovir and Lamuvidine. Can I go ahead and take it.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post from Malawi.
Since Truvada is tenofovir+FTC and FTC is very similar to lamivudine (3TC), it's perfectly ok to switch from Truvada+efavirenz to tenofovir+lamivudine+efavirenz. Indeed, the first clinical trials of tenofovir were exactly this regimen.
I hope this is helpful.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Tuberculosis False Positive Antigen Blood Test Hiv
- Danger Of Contracting Hiv From Gay Husband
- The Natural Reservoir For Hepatitis Viruses
- Can A Primary Doctor Suspect Hiv From Blood Exam Other Than Hiv?
- Can You Get Hiv From Touching Breast Milk?
- Risk Of Hiv From A One Time Unprotected Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.