Jul 12, 2010
Hie I have been on Truavada and Efivaranz for the past six years. I moved to Malawi from UK and the clinicians prescribed me Efivaranz, Tenofovir and Lamuvidine. Can I go ahead and take it.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post from Malawi.
Since Truvada is tenofovir+FTC and FTC is very similar to lamivudine (3TC), it's perfectly ok to switch from Truvada+efavirenz to tenofovir+lamivudine+efavirenz. Indeed, the first clinical trials of tenofovir were exactly this regimen.
I hope this is helpful.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Penis Discharge After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Hepatitis Cause Excessive Saliva At Night?
- How Long After Unprotected Sex Does It Take To Know You May Have A Std?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Genital Warts?
- 30 Day Rna Pcr Test Is Negative
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.