Hello Dr. Young

Thank you for your help. It is a relief to me that I'm still able to make a child. So, how would I go about setting this sperm washing thing up? How much does it cost? Are there any risks involved? What would we need to do? Please forgive me, I'm just so happy right now!! You truly are the best doctor. You would give my current doctor a run for his money! And I KNOW there are a lot of doctors here that would benefit from your knowledge and intellect. I love you, man! You've renewed my hope in doctors, people, and myself.

One more thing, since I'm in a relationship, my partner is scared to let me penetrate him. I think because of my dio. Does that mean I have to be a bottom, like forever? I mean, it's not so bad, since he's not very large, but is that what having aids means for gay people? I mean, because I would rather flip-flop. But if thats what it means, than so be it. I would rather be his bottom than to be nobodies anything. It's strange, but I feel like I can talk to you about anything! Well, that's it for now. Talk to you soon!

And what about the doctor that said he found the Achlee's Heel for a cure? Whats going on with that? He's in Houston.

And how would one meet a woman for this? I mean its not like there is a website for this, is there?

Hello and thanks for your post and kind words; sorry for the delayed response.

Your's is a complicated set of questions and a bit beyond my area of expertise.

Fortunately, there is a (somewhat dated) article from TheBody.com on sperm washing that should shed some light on the topic of sperm washing. Finding a woman who would be your biological partner in this process is indeed another challenge; I can't say that I know how to help in that part.

As for sexuality, top, bottom and otherwise, this has much to do with knowledge and management of risks, use of safer means (condoms, lubricants), being on treatment and having an undetectable viral load-- all things that significantly reduce the risk of HIV transmission. It's probably a time for sensitive discussions with your partner, perhaps counseling, but appreciate that your situation isn't unusual.

I'm not sure about the Achilles heel, but currently, there is no cure for HIV, just simple medications that (for the large majority of people) cause few side effects and prevent disease progression and death. That's not to say that all of us continue to dream, aspire and support research that someday will find a cure. It's just that that time hasn't yet arrived.

Be well, BY

timing of meds
New-found antibodies???