Jul 4, 2010
I'm starting treatment soon because my cd4=142 and vl=329900.My doctor recommended truvada& nevaripine or combivir and nevaripine.I opted for the first choice. Is this a good move?
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
Yes, I think that it is a good move to start on treatment (with your CD4 count well below current thresholds to initiate). Truvada (tenofovir+FTC) is typically preferred to Combivir (AZT+3TC) as a components of first-line, triple drug treatments. This is primarily because of lower risks of AZT-related side effects. Patients who have significant kidney disease (or in my opinion, bone disease) should consider alternatives to tenofovir.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- HIV Test After Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Anal Warts After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Tongue After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Genital Warts Be Cured With Over The Counter Wart Medicine?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.