Meds - timing and time zones

Hi, I am taking x1 combivir 10a.m. and x1 combivir plus x1 stocrin at night 10p.m. Is it okay to split the stocrin from the combivir and take it earlier in the evening? Also, I travel a lot and would prefer to keep taking stocrin at night, (makes me dizzy and sleep is the best cure), if I travel to another time zone can I safely simply continue to take the stocrin at night even though this will mean I am either shortening or lengthening the gap between doses for the first day?

Hello and thanks for your post.

I think that I can make your life a little easier- Combivir really only needs to be taken twice daily, rather than 12 hours apart. So, take your Combivir in the morning and with your Stocrin (efavirenz) in the evening (whenever you choose to take it).

When traveling, since the half-life of efavirenz is sufficiently long, I'd recommend continuing to take the medication at the same hour in the new time zone. There's no real need to try to shorten (or lengthen) the time gap prior to the trip.

I hope this helps. BY

atripla
help plz