Miss 3 Doses or Cut 3 pills in Half?

I am on atripla, and have been for 6 months, my viral load is 123.. I am currently on ADAP but this past week when I went to refill my prescription there had been a "clerical error" and had to wait 5 days for my refill. I was able to borrow 3 pills from my partner but I need to give those back.

My questions is since I am now going to be 3 pills short, is it better for me to split three pills in half and take only half a dose over 6 days this coming month, or should I just skip a night here and there (3 nights total but not in a row) until I get current on my pills again?

Thank you.

Hello and thanks for your post.

I definitely would NOT recommend cutting your pills in half (and take half-dose medication) for three days. Rather, it's probably best to take full strength medications and then interrupt (but better if you didn't have to interrupt at all).

It would be worth speaking to your case manager, AIDS service organization or health care provider to see if they can come up with three extra pills for you.

I hope this helps, BY

Gettiing pregnant on Atripla? Can I get back after pregnancy
HIGH COLESTEROL