PVL

Hi Dr, I wish to know can a person have PVL 103 with out having HIV positive is it possible for a person to detected with PVL as also my CD4 is 730 and my % is 29%. Could you guide. And what is the maximum PVL can a person have with out HIV positive. As i have also heard that CD4 count can fall due to many other reasons is it true. Your guide will be a great help to me and many of my frens here. thanks once again.

Hello and thanks for your post,

Yes, CD4 counts do vary with time of day and other health-related conditions. The essential point is that significant decreases in CD4 (for whatever reason) are measures of having immune suppression.

Any (that is, detectable) plasma HIV viral load is indicative of HIV infection (and positive antibody test).

BY

My CD4 count after Starting Meds
cd4 & v.l