Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

My CD4 count after Starting Meds
Jun 8, 2010

This isnt actually a question. This is a bit of encouraging info for some people. I found out I was poz in Nov. of 2006 and I had a cd4 count of 7 (seven). Today, (June 2010) my cd4 count is 1190 (one thousand one hundred ninety). I see a lot of questions about the cd4 levels will rising after treatment is started and that was one of my concerns when I found out my cd4 count was so low. By the grace of god my levels are high now. So cd4 levels can rise when the medication is taken properly.

Response from Dr. Young

Hello and thank you for your post and words of encouragement.

We welcome reports from our readers of their experiences with treatment.

Your responses to treatment are clearly excellent.

Be well, BY

Previous
prophylaxis
Next
PVL

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.