Truvada+ stocrin

Dear Doctor, I was test pos (CD4 154, VL 49000) on Dec 2008. Started taking 3TC+tenofovir+stocrin from Jan 2009. CD4-358, 372, 322, 398, 358, VL=all undetectable. My doctor asked me to shift it to Truvada+Stocrin once I finish my current medicine (ie two months later). She told me Truvada is new arrival. I can only take two pills instead of 4 pills. Is it a good move to shift to Truvada+stocrin? I usually set my alarm to take my medicine at 7PM every evening, either in empty or full stomach. Can I take Truvada+Stocrin at the same time, with either empty and full stomach? Please advise me

Hello and thanks for your post.

Since Truvada is the same as tenofovir + FTC (very similar to 3TC), there's no reason why you couldn't simplify your regimen to Truvada + Stocrin (efavirenz, we call it Sustiva here). This, by the way are the very ingredients in the popular one pill daily Atripla (that you can read more about on these pages).

So, yes, you can take 1 Truvada and 1 Stocrin (600 mg) at the same time; generally without strict regard to food. (The package insert typically suggests starting this on an empty stomach, but if your already tolerating the Strocin, there's no need to change this habit.)

I hope this helps, BY

which is better medicine
seek for systematic information about PI mutation