which is better medicine
Jun 6, 2010
Dear Doc, My CD4 count is 250, which is best for treating HIV Fostavir-3 or Zidovudine+Lamivudine+Nevirapine, please let me know.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thank you for your post.
You must live somewhere outside of the US. Zidovudine (AZT) + lamivudine (3TC) + nevirapine is an acceptable alternative first-line treatment for HIV. I'm unfamiliar with Fostavir-3. A quick online search links this medication to foscarnet-- if this is the medication that you're referring to, foscarnet is not a treatment for HIV.
With a CD4 count of 250, I would be entirely supportive of you considering starting on HIV medications.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Foods To Avoid If You Have Shingles?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Are Long Term Effects For Genital Herpes?
- Things That Look Like Genital Warts But Are Not
- The Risk Of Catching Gonorrhea From A Single Act Of Sexual Intercourse
- Syphilis And Itchy Skin Rashes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.