How effective is PEP started 60 hours after exposure?

I had bareback sex with a man who I found out was HIV positive, but he said he had a low viral load and high counts of CD-4. I don't know whether to trust this though. I put off getting PEP because I was too scared I'd be judged by my family and the doctors (I'm only 19). I went to the doctors and they had me begin my course of PEP at about 60 hours after exposure. I am aware the limit is 72 hours and I know it's more effective the earlier its begun, but how much does the time I started affect the success rate? And also what are the general success rates of PEP, I'm taking a mixture of Truvada and Kaletra. I'm on day 2 but I haven't had any side effects. Could this mean it isn't working? I'm terrified of the situation.

Hello and thanks for your post.

Just because you don't have any side effects doesn't mean that the medications that you're taking aren't working. Indeed, many persons who take HIV meds (including those who are taking them for PEP) don't experience serious side effects.

I hope things turn out well for you. Be safe out there.

BY

Side effects of PEP 28 day course
which is better medicine