CD4 Cell Count

I was told May 23rd I had a CD4 Cell Count of One (1). If That has been depleted Will It ever rise again? The Doctors told me they coundn't start Meds until Aug 2nd. What should I be doing in the meantime?

Steve

Hello Steve and thanks for your post.

You do indeed have a very low CD4 count and significant risks for having HIV-related complications. Fortunately, there's plenty of hope that with well selected and adhered-to medications your counts (and health) can improve.

I'm puzzled Steve as to why you'd have to wait until August to start on treatment. If you were my patient, I'd spend as much time as necessary with you to decide on the best options, learn about adherence and monitoring plans AND, get started as soon as possible.

Please write back if you have any additional questions.

Be well, BY

Pro's and Cons
ritonivir versus creon