The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

ur suggetation
Jun 3, 2010

hi Dr. i would like to ask you is that my PVl is 103 and my CD4 is 750. Could you tell me if this combination has enough time to start medicene also can one live healthy and long with good fooding precautions. Do u think i have few years time to start medicenes. what i wish to know the most is normal life possible with good fooding habits and simple med. I am a non smoker nor do i drink. Looking at my status my Dr says i have a few years time to start med is that true and are med available every where as i am from India.

Response from Dr. Young

Hello and thanks for your post.

You currently have a normal CD4 and very low HIV viral load. This would indicate that you don't need to immediately start on HIV medications, though there are other circumstances such as older age, other medical conditions that might cause me to recommend otherwise.

My general suggestion about living healthy (with or without HIV, actually) is to eat a balanced diet (one that included fresh fruit, fiber and calcium/vitamin D; excess dietary supplements are not needed, usually), get modest and routine exercise and avoid tobacco.

Most persons living with HIV do eventually need to start on HIV medications, the best and only way to really know if this is your case is to have periodic (at least every six months) laboratory and clinical assessments.

And yes, there is generally very good access to HIV medications in India.

I hope this helps. BY

Is it time to quit Atripla
test centers

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint