ur suggetation

hi Dr. i would like to ask you is that my PVl is 103 and my CD4 is 750. Could you tell me if this combination has enough time to start medicene also can one live healthy and long with good fooding precautions. Do u think i have few years time to start medicenes. what i wish to know the most is normal life possible with good fooding habits and simple med. I am a non smoker nor do i drink. Looking at my status my Dr says i have a few years time to start med is that true and are med available every where as i am from India.

Hello and thanks for your post.

You currently have a normal CD4 and very low HIV viral load. This would indicate that you don't need to immediately start on HIV medications, though there are other circumstances such as older age, other medical conditions that might cause me to recommend otherwise.

My general suggestion about living healthy (with or without HIV, actually) is to eat a balanced diet (one that included fresh fruit, fiber and calcium/vitamin D; excess dietary supplements are not needed, usually), get modest and routine exercise and avoid tobacco.

Most persons living with HIV do eventually need to start on HIV medications, the best and only way to really know if this is your case is to have periodic (at least every six months) laboratory and clinical assessments.

And yes, there is generally very good access to HIV medications in India.

I hope this helps. BY

Is it time to quit Atripla
test centers