Longevity

Hi, I am 2o, male living in India, have been HIV+ since birth(had a pos mother as well), recently found out when it progressed to AIDS and have started on medication(Lamivudine + Zidovudine +Efavirenze) my count has come upto 535 from 64. I wanted to know whether it would affect my longevity in any way, i have been keeping up with my meds regularly and have started a proper diet and exercise since. Thank you

Hello and thank you for your post from India.

It is very good to hear that your receiving a potent HIV regimen and that your CD4 count has returned to normal levels. Your life expectancy, accordingly has increased essentially to normal (though it's very difficult to be quantitative about such things). A recent study from Europe suggests that among HIV+ers with CD4s above 500, life expectancy is the same as similar HIV- persons.

I hope this helps and wish you well. BY

hiv virus outside body
Lifespan question follow up