Jun 1, 2010
Hi Dr. i perform a ELISA test after six month can i have perform weatern blot test for confirmation?
Response from Dr. McGowan
There would be no need for a Western blot if the ELISA is negative. The Western blot is only to confirm a Positive test.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When Do Hiv Symptoms Start?
- Statistics Of People Contracting Hiv From One Encounter Of Unprotected Sex
- If Hiv Positive When Does Neuropathy Develop?
- Do Nails Change Color Due To Hiv?
- How Long Does It Take For The Hiv Virus To Become Full Aids?
- How To Support Someone Who Is Hiv Positive?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.