Jun 1, 2010
Hi Dr. i perform a ELISA test after six month can i have perform weatern blot test for confirmation?
Response from Dr. McGowan
There would be no need for a Western blot if the ELISA is negative. The Western blot is only to confirm a Positive test.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are The Dangers Of Herpes Simplex Virus?
- Anal Sex Top Risk Of Getting HIV
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Sharing A Toothbrush?
- Can Someone Catch AIDS From Swallowing Blood?
- Can U Catch HIV From Sharing A Cigarette?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.