hiv by tooth brush
Jun 1, 2010
i use my room mate tooth brush five minute after he finish using it.what are my chance of getting hiv?
Response from Dr. McGowan
The risk of getting HIV by sharing a toothbrush depend on a few things: 1) How much virus is in his blood? A high viral load would increase the risk. 2) Was there any visible blood on the toothbrush?...that would increase the risk 3) Did you have any bleeding or sores in your mouth?...that would increase the risk.
Overall the risk would be very very small.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Licking Anus Risks
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.