hiv by tooth brush
Jun 1, 2010
i use my room mate tooth brush five minute after he finish using it.what are my chance of getting hiv?
Response from Dr. McGowan
The risk of getting HIV by sharing a toothbrush depend on a few things: 1) How much virus is in his blood? A high viral load would increase the risk. 2) Was there any visible blood on the toothbrush?...that would increase the risk 3) Did you have any bleeding or sores in your mouth?...that would increase the risk.
Overall the risk would be very very small.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Social Worker Ethics And Hiv Postive Clients And Duty To Disclose
- If I Had Unprotected Sex With An Hiv Positive Woman What Are The Odds That I Am Infected?
- Can I Get Hiv From Masturbation On A Toilet Seat?
- How Long Does It Take For Hiv To Show Up In Your System?
- What Does An Hiv Test Result Look Like?
- How To Know If A Guy Has Hiv Aids?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.