Help! PEP After Exposure missed a dose...or 3

Hi, first of all, thank you for this wonderful forum. I was sexually assaulted 36 hours ago. I was in the hospital yesterday and they recommended taking Truvada and Kaletra for 30 days. The problem is that, I was so nervous that I misread the instructions. I am supposed to take Truvada once a day and 2 tablets of Kaletra twice a day. Instead, on my FIRST day, I took 1 tablet of Truvada and ONLY 1 tablet of Kaletra (so I missed the other 3 Kaletra!). I feel stupid, but again I was so nervous after this traumatic event. The following day I did start taking my meds properly in the morning (1 Tru, 1 Kaletra) and night (1 Kaletra)

Since this was the very first dose, should I be concerned?? Is there anything I should be doing (besides taking my meds properly?)

Any information is much appreciated...thanks in advance!

Pablo

Response from Dr. McGowan

I am very sorry to hear about your traumatic experience. When it comes to post exposure prophylaxis, it is important to start the PEP regimen as soon as possible after possible HIV exposure. It appears that you did that. Also, you corrected yourself pretty quickly and by day 2 you were taking the medicines as prescribed. Though it is hard to give you a categorical assurance, more than likely you will be OK despite what occurred on day 1 of starting the medicines. Just to be clear the standard adult dose for your PEP regimen is ONE truvada daily and two Kaletra tablets (each tablet is 200/50) twice a day for 28 days. As for other things you might be doing, I am hoping you are seeing your doctor. Thanks Joe

What do you think about this combo?
Why Combivir is taken for 28 day