May 27, 2010
i am suffering from SCABIES around my penis? is it symptoms of hiv?
Response from Dr. McGowan
No. While scabies is a sexually transmitted infection it is most often seen in people without HIV since it is so common. However, any sexually transmitted infection should lead to an evaluation and testing for others, especially syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia and HIV, since they can travel together. Have a good check up by your GP or an STD specialist and be sure to protect yourself by using condoms when you have sex.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will A Herpes Outbreak Go Away Without Medication?
- Where Does Hpv Enter The Body?
- What Would Happen If You Had Sex With Someone That Had Genital Warts?
- What Percentage Of Men Become Infected With Chlamydia And Have No Symptoms?
- What Makes Shingles Flare Up?
- Underlying Conditions That Cause Shingles
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.