May 26, 2010
i can test the hiv antibody test i come back negative? can i test the elisa and western blog test for confirmation?
Response from Dr. McGowan
The initial screening test is the ELISA. A western blot would be done after a positive ELISA to confirm the result. Since the ELISA in your case was negative, there is no need for a western blot.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Be Infected With Hiv While Being Tested With The Needle?
- How Many Pills A Day Does Someone With Hiv And Aids Take?
- Is Lexapro Used To Treat Peripheral Neuropathy?
- Chances Of Getting Hiv With Hangnail
- Will Herpes Show Up In A Standard Blood Test?
- What Foods To Avoid If You Have Shingles?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.