May 26, 2010
i can test the hiv antibody test i come back negative? can i test the elisa and western blog test for confirmation?
| Response from Dr. McGowan
The initial screening test is the ELISA. A western blot would be done after a positive ELISA to confirm the result. Since the ELISA in your case was negative, there is no need for a western blot.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Penis Discharge After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Genital Rubbing Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can You Get Genital Warts When Giving Oral Sex?
- What Antibiotics Treat Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.