Geting a child

I am HIV+, and my wife is HIV negative, is it possible to get a baby?

Hello and thanks for your post.

It's entirely possible for you and your wife to have a baby-- there are risks of transmitting HIV to your wife, especially if you aren't on treatment or have a detectable HIV viral load.

There are a number of strategies to lower her risk-- as mentioned, if your HIV viral load is undetectable, her risk is markedly lower; sperm washing can be done in some centers and last, we have given some couples pre- or post-exposure prophylaxis around intercourse.

Most important is to communicate your wishes with your doctor(s) to plot the best and safest pathway for you.

Best wishes, BY

Atripla and cold liver oil
regimens