Results after stopping using meds

Hello! My partner is pos for 7 years and he stopped using meds 6 months ago. Today we got results which indicate that he has very good results in his blood test. But viral load is 2000000 and CD4 is 140. Why is it so? I also want to know if we will physically see if something is wrong, I mean, does the way he looks will change?? Because he looks very good after stopping using meds, better than he should on his age (38), no temperature, no pumps, no diarrhea (which he got when he was on meds). After he has stopped using meds, he looks better, feels better, hair on his body starts growing (when he used meds he had almost no hair on his body at all!!). What is going on? Why does he feel and look far more better, but the results are so bad? What to do?

Hello and thanks for your post.

I'm happy to hear that your partner feels well, but his labs indicate that he has an AIDS level of CD4 counts and very high viral load. Symptoms alone (or especially, absence of symptoms) are not a good marker of immune system health.

What to do? He needs to be in dialog with his healthcare team and discuss starting on Bactrim to prevent PCP and as soon as is reasonable, to get back on combination treatment for HIV. I hope that he is in good hands right now, but if not, please feel free to write back with any questions.

Good luck and best of health to both of you. BY

nor tru rey can i change
good combo?