nor tru rey can i change

i was taking truvada and reyataz.then i found out thatt i needed norvir.omg i hate it.i am dizzy,loopy and cant even focus.is there anything i can take other than norvir.for my booster med.or should i change my meds all together? please help!!! tony

Hello and thanks for your post.

You do indeed need to take Norvir when taking Truvada with Reyataz. This is because the tenofovir part of Truvada lowers Reyataz levels; Norvir corrects for this interaction.

There are a few solutions for you-- first, you could try the Norvir as suggested; in this combination, we've had very good success and just because you had problems in the past with Norvir (presumably with other PIs) you might not have them this time.

Alternatively, you could talk to your healthcare provider about switching from Truvada to Epzicom (abacavir/3TC). This gets around the need to use the Norvir and has been evaluated in a clinical trial called ARIES. We were involved in the study and have excellent clinical results of the (not currently US treatment guideline-recommended) combination of Epzicom + Reyataz (without Norvir).

I hope this helps, BY

Atripla and diet pills?
Results after stopping using meds