Meds with possible resistance

I'm a 23 year old HIV+ male, and have benn on Truvada, Reyetaz, and Norvir since 2005...My first question is, are these three still the best antiretoviral meds to be on? And Also, I'm sad to say this, but I've missed 2 months worth of medications due to a bi polar manic epsode, i'm now taking my meds regularly now...but how high of a chance to I have that the virus had built a resistance? are there any other options as far as medication if it has?

Hello and thanks for your post.

The regimen that you're taking remains one of several that are preferred by the most current US treatment guidelines.

If you stopped all three medications at the same time, the risks for developing drug resistance are minimal. Indeed, this is one of the features that appears to distinguish the boosted protease inhibitor regimens (like Norvir/Reyataz) from other types of first-line treatments, namely that the emergence of drug resistance is very infrequent.

There are indeed many other treatment options out there; but if you've been successful on this regimen and don't have significant issues with adherence or side effects, I wouldn't be advocating for a switch at this time.

I hope this helps, BY

PLV
Should I continue taking Aspen Lamzid