PLV

hi Dr. i would like to ask you is that my PVl is 103 and my CD4 is 750. Could you tell me if this combination has enough time to start medicene also can one live healthy and long with good fooding precautions. Do u think i have few years time to start medicenes. thanks

Hello and thanks for your post.

With a very low plasma viral load (PVL) and normal range CD4, you're likely to have slower than average HIV disease progression; therefore, you don't need to worry about starting medications in the short run.

Do be aware that there is a growing trend towards starting treatments sooner than in the past. This is in part because of better tolerated medication regimens and the appreciation of the benefits for long term survival.

With the combination of good medical care, medications when needed, a balanced diet and exercise, there's little reason why you shouldn't expect to live a healthy and essentially normal life expectancy.

Be well, BY

should I continue atripla?
Meds with possible resistance