The Potency Of Triple Combo Therapy

Hi Doctor My Question is that using three antiretroviral medications together is standard practice today because of it potency? my VL was 200,000 then after 4 weeks of being on meds my doctor did a test & it read <50 UNDETECTABLE is this Quick & rapid decline normal? my dc4 has also jumped about 600 cells it was 23 before i started i have been on Atripla since december 2007 with no side affects thank god!!!my Vl still undetectable as of may 3rd 2010 thanks for your time

Hello and thanks for your post.

Triple drug therapy is the current standard, because earlier studies demonstrated it's superiority to two-drug regimens.

Your viral load has responsed very quickly to treatment, but not unheard of. By contrast the CD4 cells has made a much bigger than expected (but happily so) increase.

Great to hear that you've had no side effects.

Stay in touch and be well, BY

virul load
should I continue atripla?