May 17, 2010
hi Dr. what is the role of virul load when hiv infection transfer from one persone to another
Response from Dr. McGowan
Thanks for your question.
The risk of spreading HIV from one person to another goes up the higher the viral load. The viral load is the amount of virus in every drop of blood...the more virus the easier it is to spread. Same is true for the semen and vaginal fluids..the more virus, the easier to spread. Keeping the HIV level as low as possible (undetectable) is a very important way to prevent new HIV infections.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does HIV Cause Penis Discharge?
- Blood In Urine After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Bronchitis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.