|severe leg pain poss damage
May 9, 2010
| Response from Dr. McGowan
Thanks for your question.
It depends on what is causing your leg pain...zidovudine, wch is part of combivir, can cause irritation of muscle (myositis) and sometimes neuropathy. If your doctor thinks you may have either of these conditions then a switcyh from combivir may help. If it is due to arthritis or blood flow issues, etc then a switch may not help. You should go over this with your doctor.
Best, Joe PS: Congratulations on your great success on treatment over all these years!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes Sign Of HIV Infection
- Flu Symptoms After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Red Spots After Touching Period Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Eyes After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.