My status

Dear Dr, I hope you will be my rescue for sure. Well I was found to have been positive 6 months ago at present my PVL is 103 and my CD4 is 750.Wat i wish to know from you is when do u think i need to start medication as my doctor says i have enough time to do so and just asked me to take fresh warm food . Could you also help me know looking at my PVL and CD4 how healthy i am and will it take really long to drop the CD4 am i on a healtier side for long and wats the best king of food to be taken. Wats the normal life expected these days. Though long question but i am sure u will rescue me on this. Great thanks to u Ashik

Response from Dr. McGowan

Dear Ashik,

Thanks for your post.

It is good that you got tested when your CD4 count was high, it gives you the opportunity to plan treatment and start when you are ready. Since your viral load is low, things may remain stable for quite some time. These numbers should be confirmed with a repeat test. If they are stable then there is no immediate need to start ttreatment. Many would opt to begin, even with these good numbers, to keep the virus suppressed and avoid any even speculative chnace that the virus may damage the organs of the body even with high CD4 counts. Life expectancy is excellent if you can keep the CD4 count high (above 500 seems best) and when treatment is started to be faithful to take it without missing doses to keep the virus always undetectable. Normal lifespan can be acheived that way. For you, the best time to start is when you are ready...if you have ability to get the meds, you are committed to taking them, believe they will help you and have a good doctor to work with in case you get side effects.

Best, Joe

pathalogist
Are there any precursors to a decline cells?