timing of medications

Hello and thank you for your help to us. Recently my doctor changed me one medication. I was taking videx epivir and stocrin.He changed the videx to azt( 1 pill twice a day). So now i have difficulties to remember four days a day to take four pills( morning azt 300mg afternoon epivir 300mg eving agai azt 300mg and before bed stocrin 600mg)This is terrible for me to remember all the time about the medication. Is there is a better way? and pls another question. I have sinusitis and mucosal thickening of the paranasal sinuses and very often i get sick of this. What is the better medication in order not to have interraction with my medications? what antiobiotics are ok to take and for how long? Is the treatment with im cortizon ok? Thanks

Response from Dr. McGowan

Thanks for your question.

You can cut back to taking your medication twice a day:

Take the AZT and Epivir in the morning, and take the second dose of AZT at night with your Stocrin. AZT and Epivir caome combined in one pill called Combivir (in the US). If you can get Combivir your regimen will be just 3 pills a day (combivir morning and night and Stocrin with your PM dose).

Chronic nasal congestion and sinusitis is a common problem with HIV and can be seasonal. Stocrin is safe to use with inhaled nasal steroids such as fluticasone or budesonide nasal spray. Try to avoid taking steroid pills as these can lower your CD4 count.

Best, Joe

Help Choosing Meds
Starting meds?