Time of taking meds

I'm on antiviral drugs for a month now.I have to take my meds, morning and evening. Do i have to take it exactly at a specific hour, like exactly at 8h00 in the morning and like at 20h00 at night, for the rest of my life. If i missed it in the morning, can i take it midday at 13hoo? What if i forgot to take my meds for a whole 24 hours? I'm desperate to know becoz i forget my tabs at home this morning. Can i take it at lunch time?

Response from Dr. McGowan

Thanks for your important question.

It depends on which medication you are on...some are more "forgiving" than others. Most of our current medicines have some flexibility on the exact timeing. I always recommend if you forget a dose better to take it late than miss it. The meds are pretty safe in that if you took a dose a few hours late it would not lead to "toxicity" in the body. Of course if you are always very erratic in your schedule it is not good. Try to fit it with your routine and do not worry too much if the time is off a bit. After all at daylight savings or when you travel you make adjustments in the timing of the dose and that is fine.

Best, Joe

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE?
CD4 drop, do I need to shift ARV medical?