Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE?

My question : Is it MUST that a person will have swollen lymph nodes(as seroconversion symptoms), if he gets infected by HIV?

I have read that some people don't develop any early symptoms (no swollen lymph nodes even.). How is this possible that the body is being infected by HIV and the lymph nodes stay normal and don't swell?

To put other way, if a person gets infected by HIV, he must develop swollen lymph nodes as early symptoms? If he doesn't, it means he was not infected?

thanks

Response from Dr. McGowan

Thanks for your question.

Not everyone who gets HIV infection will develop swollen lymph nodes. Although the virus lives in the lymph nodes they may not swell up and be felt. Studies have varied in reporting 40 to 70% of people having swollen glands during recent HIV infection.

Best, Joe

Clueless!
Time of taking meds