Apr 30, 2010
How long does it take for the stomach to empy? How long after I eat I have to wait to take Atripla?
| Response from Dr. McGowan
Thanks for your question.
We usually recommend waiting 2 hours to take Atripla on an empty stomach. Taking Atripla with food can increase it's blood level and may cause more dizziness and neurologic symptoms (the meds would still work but the side effects might be more).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Until You Feel The First Symptoms Of Hiv?
- Is There Any Evidence That Hiv Is Spread Through Sweat Tears Urine Or Feces?
- How Long Can Hep C Live Outside Of The Body?
- How Many People In The World Are Affected With The Virus Hiv Aids?
- Hiv And Cause Of Hair Falling Out
- How Long Do People Live With Hiv Without Treatment?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.