Apr 30, 2010
How long does it take for the stomach to empy? How long after I eat I have to wait to take Atripla?
| Response from Dr. McGowan
Thanks for your question.
We usually recommend waiting 2 hours to take Atripla on an empty stomach. Taking Atripla with food can increase it's blood level and may cause more dizziness and neurologic symptoms (the meds would still work but the side effects might be more).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- I Need Some Pictures Of Infected HIV Symptoms.
- Will Being On My Period Affect My Hiv Test?
- Is It Normal For Children To Shiver When They Have A Fever?
- What Regions Of The World Have The Highest Rates Of Hiv Infection?
- What Are The Dangers Of Post Exposure Prophylaxis?
- Getting Rid Of Hypersensitivity Reaction
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.