Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

masturbation
Apr 29, 2010

i made masturbation regularly. now a days after masturbation my penise was swolen for few hours and after it get normal. from one months the white spot are occure on my penise(like dead skin cells)and my penise is so wrinkled. i never made a sexual contact. but once day i come in contact with my friends(unknown hiv status) blood through a metal pin. my quetion is that these spots are due to hiv? can i get affected with hiv from my friend?

Response from Dr. McGowan

Thaks for your question. It is not possible to know what may be causing the spots without having an examination. You should see your doctor to have a look.

HIV could be spread from a needle stick...I am not sure what you mean by a pin. In order for HIV to be spread the needle or pin would have to have been in contact with his blood and then break your skin...this would occur if you shared needles while injecting drugs or if a nurse or doctor got stuck with a needle drawing someones blood. In those cases the needle is hollow and can hold alot of blood. A solid needle or pin would carry much less blood and carries less risk. A pin that was just lying around and not contaminated with blood would not be anything to worry about.

Best, Joe

Previous
Antivirals and Aspirin
Next
Question about Allergy Medications

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.