9 years - same meds?

I have been positive since 2001 and on HAART since 2002. I started on the 908 study, decided to switch to Epzicom & Sustiva in 2004 and went to Atripla when it went on the market and have been on it ever since.

To the best of my knowledge, I have no resistance to any medication and I have been undetectable since 2002 with a CD4 of at least 700.

Is it possible to be 9 years positive and still not have any resistance to any drug? I have missed maybe 3 doses in 8 years but I know other people who have also been compliant and are having resistance issues.

Thanks for all you do.

Hello, thanks for your post and your study participation.

Yes indeed, it is entirely possible to go 9 years without drug resistance; your outstanding adherence to your medication is one large part (one other is having reliable access to good medications) of the reason.

Be well, here's hoping for a lot more "9 years".

BY

look low and weight loss 5%
Atripla